Monday, October 1, 2007

A visit to the Pumpkin Patch

Isabelle went on her first field trip today. She visited a local Pumpkin Patch. She was so excited about the whole thing, especially the bus ride. She knew that I was going, but I guess I failed to mention that I would be following in my own vehicle and not riding on the bus with her and 18 other three year olds. She loaded the bus with no problem, until she looked out the window and saw me getting into my car. I could hear her crying with my door shut. I went to the bus to calm her down - needless to say the teacher looked at me and said, "She can ride with you if you want her to." So, I drove my darling to her first field trip (just me and her) We met her class there. She had fun.

There were tons of Pumpkins, they read them stories, let them choose their own pumpkin and take some pictures. When the trip was over, without any thought, she headed to the bus and climbed in. I did not waste anytime getting in my car and waving bye to the teacher before Isabelle saw me. I only hope that she did not turn around and realize I was gone (and without a bye kiss) and then scream the whole way back to school.

No comments: