Monday, October 15, 2007

Our Quick Trip to the Mountains!


This weekend was action packed. (As usual) We loaded up on Friday afternoon for a trip to see my roommate from grad school. It was about a 5 1/2 hour drive. Naturally the kids were so excited when we got there that they couldn't go to sleep immediately. So, it was a late night for them. They had never met Kristi's kids (I have not seen her in 8 years). She has 2 girls, Addilin and Myli, ages 4 and 3, and a son, Landon, who is one. I told my kids that there were 2 girls and one boy. I left the ages out for Camon's sake. But, to my surprise it did not bother him that there was not another boy his age. They both had a blast. Isabelle really had a ball with those two girls. They live in a beautiful part of the country. Their backyard is a national forest. It was so pretty. We spent time visiting and we went and took a short hike up to some cliffs where we let the kids climb around. Camon loved that.










Neither one of them wanted to leave (nor did I). It was so good to see her again. And, to spend time with another Christian family. God has blessed me with some great friends. I am determined not to let 8 years go by again before I see them.





Then we drove home on Saturday night because Clint teaches the High School Sunday School class and needed to get back. We had to listen to the LSU game on the radio as we traveled. LSU lost in triple overtime to Kentucky and dropped from 1st place to 4th. Needless to say, it was a rough last hour for Clint.











Sunday, we had a parking lot party at the church. The kids brought outside toys and we had a picnic and played with our toys. Living in the country, with no sidewalks, my kids do not currently have bicycles, so we took other things. I think that sidewalks or not, they need to ask Santa for bikes this year. The Fire Department and Police Department came out and let the kids climb on the trucks. They also taught a bikers safety course for the kids. It was a really great idea. We have a wonderful children's minister at our church who always has the neatest things for the kids to do.










Then, last night Betty, Clint's mom, went to the hospital with stomach pains. She is still having tests run and they can not find anything, but she is in a lot of pain. Please remember her in your prayers.

Anyway, tomorrow is Camon's 6th birthday! I can not believe that my baby can be that old. My how time flies (they always tell you that, but you never believe it).
Next weekend in his party. So, it looks like another weekend without cleaning the house. Oh well, quality family time is so much more important!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

We love reading your blog and keeping up with you guys. Did you guys go to Petit Jean? Looks like ya'll had a fun quick trip!