Wednesday, October 17, 2007


Well, my baby turned 6 yesterday. I can not believe that it is true. He woke up so excited about his birthday. Isabelle went from laying dead in the bed, to popping up singing Happy Birthday to Bubby. Camon just smiled and hugged her. I wish that I could have recorded it, it was so sweet. He kept saying, all sorts of things that would change now that he was six. He was going to obey his parents, not whine, fix his own drink, be nice to everyone, do his homework. Boy, it all sounded so good. And, for the most part he did that all yesterday. Then he woke up this morning whinning, it was good while it lasted. I guess that was only good for the actual 6 year mark and not for 6 years and one day (plus). Anyway, he thought that he was something. He told everyone that it was his birthday.











While we were getting ready, he told me that Isabelle told him that night that we got him something Ben 10 (which is the superhero that he is really "into" right now). I said, "Isabelle, you were not supposed to tell him." To which she replied, "But, I didn't tell him it was the watch!" So much for that surprise! He was so excited, but then he said, "I will pretend like I did not hear her say that!" He likes surprises and does not want people telling him what gifts he is getting.



When I picked him up at school, he wanted to go to the hospital to see MawMaw. On the way, I asked him where he wanted to go for his special night. He wanted IHOP. When we got to the hospital, PawPaw was craving a Blooming Onion from Outback and eventually convinced him that he needed to go there. (That was a little change of plans) So, we went to Outback. Deda, Mimi, Uncle Justin and his girlfriend Kara met us there.











He had fun. He loves fettuccini and so that is what he ordered. Then I had the waiter bring him ice cream (because he is the only kid I know who will not eat cake) and we sang to him. (He sang, too because he is still so excited about it being his birthday) He ate the ice cream (mostly the fudge around it) but then said that the noodles were better. I know, he is a strange kid. There was a couple behind us that stopped by the table on the way out and gave him some money. I thought that was so nice of them.











When we pulled in the driveway, I asked him if he had a good birthday and he said, "Yes, but I think my party on Saturday will be better." Then he said, "But, I will trick Mimi and Deda and tell them tonight was more fun, because I do not want them to think that they are not fun."

Here's to many more great birthday's.

No comments: