Thursday, October 18, 2007

The two sides of Isabelle !

I have the sweetest and most difficult daughter on the planet. Here are some examples from this morning:

Sweet...

Let me start the story with an explanation: Isabelle has a little girl, Nylah, in her class that will have her second heart surgery next week (at 3 years old). They have discussed her surgery at school, sent gifts for her during recovery, and prayed for her daily.

Yesterday, her class made baskets out of construction paper. In the middle there was a heart and on the outside the teacher wrote who they wanted to give it to, and it said I give you my heart. My mom picked Isabelle up yesterday and brought her basket home. I noticed that it said, "Nylah, I give you my heart. I love you, Isabelle". I thought that this was something that they made to send to Nylah, so I took it back this morning. The teacher then explained that it was hers to take home. So, I asked about what it said. To which the teacher teared up and told me that all of the kids were taking them home to their momma. But, when she got to Isabelle, she told her she wanted to give her heart to Nylah, because her momma had a healthy heart and Nylah's was sick. Wow! After my tears, I prayed to God all the way to work to give me the caring spirit that my 3 year old has.


On another note...the difficult side:

This morning we got in the car to go to school. As we left the driveway (late as usual) Isabelle asked for her food. Yes, I am one of those moms that does not get the kids up in time to eat before we leave, they eat on the way. It is a 30 minute drive, so why not. Anyway, I handed her a poptart (which is what she wants EVERY day). She started crying, "Go back. I want some cereal." This went on for 13 minutes (I timed it). Finally, she stopped crying and said can I have my cuppy (cup for those who do not know her language). So, I handed her the sippy cup. She started crying again. "I don't like this cup. I want the other kind." I knew that she preferred the other kind because they fit in her cup holder, but I did not know that it was a neccessity. Apparently it was. I tried to reason with her and tell her that it was the only clean cup. That did not work, so I tried to tell her it was purple and gold like LSU. To which she screamed, "It's yellow NOT gold." Finally, she settled down and I heard her take a sip. And of course, "I didn't want chocolate milk." (Which is again what she gets EVERY morning.) So, she started crying again. So, I did what any good parent does (ha!) and turned up the radio so loud that I could not hear her crying. Remember this had now been 25 minutes worth of crying at 7 am before I am ready for the day to start. Finally, she stopped and said, "Momma, I don't like this song can you change it?" Sure, anything for the QUEEN. So, I changed the radio station until she found a song she liked and that was about the time we pulled into the daycare parking lot. As I parked the car, she said, "Can I have my poptart and milk now?" AAAHHHHHH!!!! Kids, you gotta love them.

No comments: