Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Phillips girls trip to Colorado

Isabelle and I went to Colorado for Uncle Dennis' funeral. Camon had to stay here because he is in "real" school now. It was a long trip there, but something that I would not have missed for the world. It is still unreal to me, anyway...

Some funny things that she said along the way were:


"Uncle Justin, what is that round square in the sky?" - now she has seen a moon before and knows what a circle is, but I think she had a bit of jet lag


"When are we going to get to go in the Dentist office?" - I had been telling her about Dennis and she thought I was saying Dentist the whole time


"Why is he so short?" - she could not understand that his legs were covered by the other half of the casket and kept wanting to open it


She and my mom have had this thing for a while where mom calls her the missy and she calls MiMi the boss. They were going through that one morning and Isabelle finally said, "I am NOT messy."


I leaned across her in the back seat to get something and she said, "I beg your pardon." I wonder where she has heard that?


**********************************************************************************


We had one day to goof off and so we headed up the mountain. Now, where they live is mountains to me, but we wanted to see snow and of course it did not snow while we were there. So, we went west a little. We ate lunch in Frisco and then headed to Vail. I think of all the ski resort towns that I have been to, that is my favorite. It is such a neat little town. Anyway, here are some pictures from our trip.


Some of the wildlife that we saw...





Some great views of the mountains...







Some fun in the snow. We had snow balls fights, made a snowman, ate the snow (Isabelle's favorite thing), and then destroyed the snowman...













They wore me out...


The trip back home. No wonder, it took so long, I was the navigator...

No comments: