Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Quotes for the week!!

I took Camon to school this week, because Gary has been at the hospital with Betty all week (and they still can not tell her what is wrong). Yesterday when I dropped him off, I kissed him and he looked at me and said, "M00000MMMMMM (you know how they draw it out) could you please wipe the lipstick off of me? I don't want to look like a girl!"

On the way to school the other day, Isabelle was riding in the back seat and she said, "Mom, why are the trees looking at us?" I had no idea what she was talking about. I said, "Looking at us? They don't have eyes." She said but they are leaning their necks down to us. And when I looked at the trees, that is exactly what it looked like. The trees were leaning towards the road and almost making a tunnel over us.

This week, I had a distinguished visitor to my office. Bobby Jindal, who is in the Governors race in Louisiana (and hopefully going to win it). That afternoon, I called my mom and was talking to her about it. Isabelle over heard the conversation and when I got off, asked who came to my work. I told her his name and she said, "Who is that?" I said he is running for Governor in Louisiana. To which she responded, "Was he running or walking? Because he is going to hurt himself if he keeps running."

While riding home from church on Sunday night, Isabelle squirmed down into her car seat so that the belt was at her chest. I got on to her and told her that I was going to put her back in her baby seat if she did not stop it. I also began discussing the dangers of not being properly buckled in her booster. I told her that if I had a wreck, she could be cut in half. Camon then joined the discussion to persuade her to sit up right. He said, "Isabelle, I do not want you to die. I love you. And you are not a worm, ya know." I thought, "what is he talking about?" Then he continued by saying, "Our body won't grow back once we are cut in half."

Gotta Love 'em!!!

No comments: