Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The excitement is gone!

Camon has already lost his excitement about school. He did not tell me much about his day (even though I asked about 50 times). He said that he did not get any "sticks" on his chart. This is the way that the teacher disciplines. Each stick is an offense with different punishments - Camon can tell you all about the rules, which surprises me that he even listened. But, he also said that he did not get a sticker. Which is set aside for the children who were perfect that day. I asked him what he did and he kept saying "Nothing." Of course a mom's first reaction is - "My poor baby his friends got a sticker and he didn't, why doesn't the teacher like him?" Then reality set in and I continues asking what he did. And then finally, he said "Well, maybe I was a little bad." Come to find out, he was talking to his friends during nap time. Does this surprise me? No way! He has not taken a nap willingly in his entire life. I finally gave up trying to make him about 2 years ago. Anyway, so I guess that it is not too bad, since he did not get a stick over the incident. Last night when I told him to go take his shower and get ready for bed because he had school the next morning. He replied, "I do not want to go to school. It is boring." I thought oh no, not already. I said "Why?" And his response was "Because, all they do is teach!" Well, get used to it son, that is sort of the whole point of school. Hopefully, this is not the start of a long 13 plus years.

No comments: