Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Camon's Phone Conversations

Well, Camon is back from his chocolate-land adventure. He had a blast and has told us all about their adventures. While he was away, I talked to him every night, and some of those conversations were quite interesting...

Me: So, how was the plane ride?
Camon: It was COOL! It went really fast at first, but when we got in the air it went soooooo slow.
Me: Well, it was really going super fast, it just seemed slow.
Camon: That is what Mimi said, too. But, I think y'all are crazy.

After about 10 minutes of him telling me about his day, he said "Well, How's Dad been doin'?" For a minute, I had to stop and think..."Is this my grown son calling from college to check on us, or is this just my 5 year old?"

Me: "Did you and Jordan ride the rides by yourself, or did Mimi and Deda ride too?"
Camon: "They rode some of them, but Deda is a big chicken."

My parents bought them disposable camera's to take their own pictures.
So, I asked him, "Have you been taking a lot of pictures so that I can see all of the places that you have been?"
Camon: "Yes, I have taken pictures, but you can not see them."
Me: "Why not?" (thinking that he was being stingy with his experience and did not care to share the pictures)
Camon: "You just can not see them. There is not a screen on the camera."
... It never occurred to me that my children would not know about camera's with film that you had to take to have developed.

He is back now, safe and sound and full of stories to tell. I think Camon looks a whole year older after being gone a week, and I know his conversations have aged. I guess that I have to face the fact, my baby boy is now my little man.

And, while Isabelle enjoyed the time to herself, she was extremely glad to have her Bubba home again. I asked her if her cousin Aaron kept her company while Camon was gone and she said, "Yes. I like to play with boys now." I am not so sure her daddy likes that idea too much.

11 days until kindergarten.

No comments: