Monday, February 4, 2008

Our Ski Trip !!!

Yes, Clint and I made it back safely from our spur-of-the-moment ski trip. We had a good time (most of the time). We went with three other couples. Clint skiied everyday, but I passed on the skiing this year. I think that I would have enjoyed it more if I had at least one day on the slopes. (and if my babies had been there with me) I spent one day doing nothing but reading, watching it snow and just being plain lazy! Then I went shopping and had a manicure/pedicure one day. That afternoon, after Clint got in from skiing we were sitting at the dining room table and I all of a sudden had a terrible pain in my tooth. I took some Tylenol and waited for the pain to go away - and it never did. So, here we were 14 hours from home, me trying to be tough and saying that I did not need anyone to get me anything, and pregnant so I could not take anything else for pain. I finally gave in at 9:30 and sent poor Clint and our friend Chris into town for ANYTHING to ease the pain. Of course we are in a little town, with no dentist, no hospital, and no pharmasist on the weekends. They were able to find something to help with the pain for a while. Clint was a little agitated with me, considering he had been asking if I needed him to go get me something since about 3:00 that afternoon, and I kept saying, "No." He told me he wished I would be more of a baby when I hurt instead of trying to be tough and then giving in hours later when I can hardly take it. I hought that I had had a toothache before, but I am now convinced that I NEVER have had one. It was one of the most painful things that I can recall. I was miserable. I finally got home and went to the Dentist 3 days later, only to find out that I need a root canal. Yea!!!! He put a "temporary" fix on it and so I am not hurting right now, but for a while I thought that I was not going to make it through it. It did not help that I was missing my kids terribly. They were so excited to see us. It always sounds good to get away from it all for a while, but once you are there you just want it all back. I do not like to be away from them. (And I am heading out tomorrow for the rest of the week for work) I need to find a job where I can stay home more - or I just need to learn to say NO!!!!! Anyway, the trip was great, the weather beautiful, I just could have done without the pain!!!

No comments: