Monday, February 11, 2008

Catching up !!!

Okay, so I told a little story, I have not gotten back in the swing of things with my blog. I have really missed it. I am done traveling (for this month anyway) and so hopefully I will be back at it daily. I have been writing a few things down that the kids have said lately (they all seem to deal with death and Heaven????). So, to catch up let me list them for you:

You know how sometimes you think that your kids never listen, especially in church. Well, we were in church several weeks ago and the preacher was talking about a man who called him to tell him his son died in a car wreck. He told about a 5 minute story, the entire time Camon was drawing on a maze book that he got for Christmas. I figured that he was totally not paying attention. Then came time for the Invitation and we stood up, when from behind me, I heard Camon crying. I sat down and asked him what was wrong. He said, "I am just sad about that little boy who died." Now, the "little" boy was 30 years old, but all he heard was a "son" and so it made him a little boy. He then started talking about Heaven (which has been a common topic since they lost two great-grandmothers and a great-uncle last year). He then began asking all sorts of questions and sobbing. He is sooooo sensitive. It is sweet in a sort of sad way!!!! I am sure that he will grow out of it (if he is anything like his daddy)!

Then about a week later I picked him up from school and down the road about a mile, I heard him crying in the backseat. I said, "Camon what is the matter?" He said, "I am the only person in my class without a grandma." Now, he has 2 grandmas and a great-grandma still alive, but we do not call any of them "grandma". He said, "But my grandma died and is in Heaven. Everyone else in the class still has a grandma that is alive, but me." He was devastated and could not be convinced that Mimi, MawMaw, and Mammy were his grandma's, too. I felt so sorry for him.

Then, as we were driving down the road a couple of days later, Camon asked me if his family that is in Heaven would be there to see him when he gets there. I told him that I believed that they would. So, he said "Well, my Sunday school teacher said that we will have a new body and that we won't hurt or be sad anymore." "Yes", I replied. "Then how will we recognize each other?" Boy, his little mind sure does work hard. I sort of answered him (enough that he quit questioning anyway). And then, he said "Will they still have old bodies with wrinkles or will they look like they did when they were a kid?" I told him, "I just don't know" Gosh, sometimes I wish that I had all the answers, because he is so full of questions. Then he ended the conversation with, "Well, it doesn't matter because they are in a cooler place."

Another day, Isabelle brought up my Uncle Dennis who died from heart trouble. And then started talking about her friend, Nala, who had open heart surgery. Camon said, "When doctors work on your heart, do they have to actually go in your chest and see your heart and see the blood?" I told him that most times they do. To which he responded, "Well, I don't imagine that I will ever be a heart doctor, then."

And lastly, yesterday we were on the way to church. We stopped at the Donut shop in town and Clint went in. The kids and I were in the truck, with the windows up, THANKFULLY. This truck parked beside us and a little elderly lady got out with a walking cane. Isabelle said, " Momma she sure is old. I think she needs to go ahead and go to Heaven." Kids will say whatever is on their minds.

I love talking about Heaven and am anticipating getting there one day and hopefully learning some answers to my children's questions. But, boy do I wish my kids would find a new topic. I am beginning to worry about them becoming disturbed by death. I guess I should just chalk it up to them being curious and maybe one day their questions leading them to Salvation through Jesus. So, bring on the hard questions kids. I love the way your little minds work!!!

No comments: