Thursday, February 21, 2008

Growing up before my eyes!!!

For some reason, I have not been very observant when I pick the kids up at church on Wednesday nights. Last night I went over to get them out of their class (which I have always assumed was pre-K and K, because I THOUGHT that they were both in the same class) Camon was across the hall in another class. So, when we got in the car I told him that I did not know that he was not in Mrs. Shea's class anymore. To which he boldly replied, "MOOOOOOMMMMM - I am 6 years old!!! I am not in the baby class." I do not know where I have been (and probably should't admit that I did not know this, since he has been in there since August). Just more proof that our babies grow up too fast and we do not take time to enjoy them near enough. And, after talking to some friends about their teenagers and even their "grown" kids, I do not think that I will EVER say again that I wish they would "grow-out" of a stage. (except maybe the diaper stage) I can handle their problems/fits right now!!!!

No comments: