Thursday, November 1, 2007

Trick or Treat !!!

Well, another eventful Halloween Carnival has come and gone. The kids had a blast. They were Luke and Leia from Star Wars. About a month ago, I asked them what they were going to be and Camon gave his usual, "I don't know." but Isabelle said, "Princess Leia". So then Camon said, "Yeah, and then I can be Luke." I have such a prissy tomboy!!!! She loves anything that her bubba likes.


They were so cute. My mom and I were going to make the costumes a few weeks ago, but as usual I procrastinated and then mom went to Colorado and is staying a few weeks, so I had to throw something together. Luke was not hard, I found a costume at the store and he had a light saber that he could use. Leia however was no where to be found. So, we borrowed an angel costume from the church and the night before, Clint cut up an old tee-shirt to make the hood and I went and bought her a silver belt. Nothing like last minute pressure. The funny thing is that she won 1st place in the costume contest for her age group. Camon did not win, and of course that was an issue. But his daddy explained it to him that they were a team. Afterwards we called MiMi (my mom) and Camon told her that it was not fair that he did not win the costume contest, but he replied, "I won the handsome-est contest". I think someone must have put that bug in his ear to make up for not winning. Anyway, he was not kidding, they were the handsome-est kids in the place. This of course coming from their momma!!!!

We always have a carnival at our church with games, food, slides, and lots of candy. Every year, my grandma and grandpa have come to the carnival to see the kids. I sometimes think that the kids never noticed they were there... But, last might when we got in the car to leave, the first thing out of Camon's mouth was, "I wish that Grandma could have been there." I am convinced that she was watching from Heaven, because she would not have missed it for anything. It is neat the things that kids pick up on and remember. That obviously meant a lot to him each year. I miss her!!!!!

Isabelle asked if we could do this again the next time that it is Halloween. I wanted to reply, "Do we have to?" But of course I said, "Sure! What will you be next year?" She said Belle. At least that is a "prissy" princess, but I wonder how many times she will change her mind between now and then? I guess we will see.


Isabelle had a party at school in the morning, but I did not want her to wear her white Princess Leia dress all day. So, she wore a Belle dress that she already had. This is her in her classroom that morning, she had fallen asleep on the way to school and so as you can see she is not fully awake, but still beautiful!!!

Also, here is a picture of the Cabana girls. Mimi and Deda are both out of town and I am sure that they want to see pictures of all of them!






1 comment:

Kristi said...

They looked so cute. I'm impressed with the quick costume creation... My creative hand at costumes is currently gone. I hope it comes back some day! Well, consider yourself tagged...go read my blog. (sorry!)