Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Heavenly Conversations!

Isabelle has really been talking about Heaven al ot since I took her to my uncle's funeral. It is kind of neat that so many times adults focus on death, but not kids. She talks about what is in Heaven and each night when she prays she says "And, thank you for Heaven that we will go to one day. Where Grandma, and MamMaw Phillips,and Uncle Dennis are there." It is so sweet to hear.

The most detailed conversation that my children have had lately about Heaven, came from Camon. We were driving one day and out of the blue, he said, "Momma. When you die your spirit goes to heaven and you bury your body, right?" me - "Yes." C-"Then when Jesus comes back to earth to get us, your spirit will come back and get your body. But it will be all new and not hurt anymore. We will not cry or hurt." me - "That's right." C - "Well, when Jesus died on the cross and then went to Heaven did His body go with His Spirit or did it stay here?" me - "Well, it went with Him." C - "Oh! So that is why they could not find Him in the tomb?" Me - "Yes." C- "So, our spirit will find our body. Did Uncle Dennis have a pet? Is there a place for pets in Heaven?" me- "Well, they do not have a soul like humans do, but I am not sure of the answer to that." C - "I bet that God has a heaven for pets, because He wants us to be sooooo happy there and some people will want there dogs there to be happy." me - "Maybe so." C - "So, maybe your spirit will go get your body and then it will go to the dog place and get your pet and live forever in Heaven." Me - "Maybe so." C - "Momma, that is the most awesomest thing I have ever heard." (said with a huge smile) I teared up and was so excited to see that he was thinking about these things and was expecting the return of Christ. I need that expectation!!!!!!

I need to learn from them to be focused on the things above rather than staying so bogged down in earthly living.

No comments: