Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The MORE TERRIBLE threes!!!

Whoever coined the phrase "terrible twos" obviously did not have a child that lived to be three. My sweet, precious little girl can turn into something out of my worst nightmare in 1.5 seconds.

Last night, she decided that she was scared of the dark. She cried for us for a while and so I sent Clint in to her room. He stayed for a while trying to convince her it was okay. Then, he finally left out of there thinking that she would stay. Well, she did not. She has never gotten out of bed after we have said prayers and gotten kisses. Well, she did last night. She came to our room crying and begging to sleep with us. She first tried, the "I am scared". When she realized that we weren't buying that, she said that she was cold. When that didn't work either, she said ,"Really, I just do not like sleeping with kids." She sleeps with Camon still. I had to cover my face and laugh. Clint asked her who she wanted to sleep with and she said, "Big Kids." Well, she meant us, but I would not classify us as big kids, but she tried. I let her stand there a while and beg and then I took her to her room and put her back in bed. She cried LOUDLY for the next few minutes. I could hear Camon whispering to her, but could not understand what he was saying. This morning, I asked him if he finally convinced her not to be scared and he said, "I really tried, but she finally just cried herself to sleep."

Well, she did not wake up any better. She got dressed, let me brush her teeth, and comb her hair and just as I thought all was going well..... She decided that she did not like her shoes. So, I told her to go change them. She did, but then as we are walking out the door she realizes that she doesn't want those either. So, I send her back in her room and tell her to find the ones she wants. I walked Camon to the car and went back in for her. The child that I left in the room and the one that I came back to were 2 totally different people. She was in the floor screaming at the top op her lungs with tears and snot everywhere. I asked her what was wrong and she yelled, "I wanted to get in the car first." I tried to explain that would have happened had she just worn the shoes that I originally put on her. She started kicking and I think I saw her head spinning. She pushed her dresser about 6 feet and almost knocked it over. She started throwing shoes. Needless to say, I was not happy and let her know it. It did not matter what I did, the fit did not stop. I then grabbed her up, got the first pair of shoes that she had on and went to the car. She screamed and gagged all the way to school (30 minutes). Getting into class was not much better. I feel sorry for the young girl that I left her with. I am guessing that she got over it though, because I have not gotten a phone call to get her. She did go in without shoes, though!!!!

I hate to bring up the bad things for the world to see, but I want this here so that I am not giving you a one sided story. And, because we tend to forget the bad things as our kids grow up, but I want this in writing so that I can share this with her children one day. They say parents pay for their own sins from childhood - Clint must have REALLY been bad!!!!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I totally understand. Myli was extraordinarily ornery when she was younger. However, she since grew sweet. But, she has been having MAJOR fits for about 2 weeks now. I don't know why her head is rotating. But, I do remember Addilin went through that right before she turned 4. Also, (this won't make you feel better)...Myli is currently going through the not wanting to be in her bed alone, and Addilin started it at late 3...& is JUST now mostly past it. She will be 5 at the end of February. I don't like this phase. Good luck! Let me know if something works for you!