Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Be Thankful !

I started thinking about all of the things that I am thankful for this year, and the list is just so long. In many ways, this has been a very tough year for me. But, God is so good, His love never fails. The following is a list of just a few things that I have to be thankful for this year (besides the obvious Clint, Camon, Isabelle, Family, Faith, Friends, Health, Material Blessings, Freedom):

1. I am thankful for snoring, because it reminds me that I have a husband sleeping right beside me each night.
2. I am thankful for spousal disagreements, because making up is so much fun.
3. I am thankful for a messy house, because it reminds me that I have two wonderful kids who make that mess. (and a husband who knows that there are more important things in life than having a spotless house)
4. I am thankful when the kids jump on the furniture, because it means that they are healthy and able to jump and run.
5. I am thankful that Isabelle cut her hair, dented Clint's hood, put baby powder all over my living room, and that Camon got in a fight at school, hates homework, slammed his finger in the door; because this will forever be memories.
6. I am thankful for peanut butter and jelly, because it means that I do not have to cook if I do not want to.
7. I am thankful for clothes that fit too snug, because it means that I have enough to eat.
8. I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing and repairs that need to be made, because it means that I have a house.
9. I am thankful for laundry, because it reminds me that we have clothes to wear.
10. I am thankful for the military, because it gives me free speech and the right to serve the Living God. (and men in uniforms)
11. I am thankful for the scent of a skunk, because it means that my nose works (okay, that one is stretching it).
12. I am thankful for people who sing off key, because it means that I can hear.
13. I am thankful for income tax, because it means I have a job (a smaller percentage would be nice, though).
14. I am thankful for my aches and pains, because it means I am still alive.
15. Most of all, I am thankful that there is a God in Heaven who loves us so much that He sent His Son to die on the cross and rise again so that we may have eternal life.

No comments: