Thursday, October 16, 2008

Camon's humor

The other day, my mom and I were shopping and had the kids with us. We were riding in the car, the radio was playing, the kids were talking and playing their Leapsters at the same time (and the Leapsters were making noise). I had something that I wanted to talk to mom about, but it was something that the kids really did not need to know about. However, I thought with all of the noise and distractions, plus if I whispered, then they would never hear the conversation. So, we talked for about 5 minutes. Then, Camon asked a question. (of course about something I had just said). So, my eyes got real big as I made a face at my mom. I tried to get out of it by explaining to him what I was talking about, without really telling him the whole truth (you know as parents we have a license to "fib" to our kids a bit). Well, his questions went on, but he finally gave up. I waited a little bit and then even more softly whispered to my mom, "I did not think that he was listening." To which Camon spoke up, "What do you think I am, my daddy?"

Sunday night after church, we came home and I started feeding Ashlynn her bottle. Camon and Isabelle were in their room getting ready for bed. Ashlynn and I were in the recliner and all I could find on TV was a football game. I am not sure how many football games you have watched lately, but I have begun to notice the outfits (or should I say lack of) that the cheerleaders wear. Some of them should be blurred out of the TV set. Anyway, Camon finished and came in there to give us a good night kiss. As he entered the room, guess what came on the TV - you guessed it one of those cheerleaders wearing barely nothing. Of course it caught his eye. My first instinct was to change the channel, but then I thought I would just watch him and see what he did. Well, his eyes stayed there for quite a bit and then he looked at me with a disgusted look and said, "Does she know those things are hanging out?" I almost fell out of my chair. I laughed so hard, that I was crying. I am so thankful for an innocent child who knows that was not "normal". (I just hope it lasts.)

No comments: