Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Isabelle's haircut

Well, Isabelle talked her daddy into letting her get her hair cut. Because of course, "All of my cousins have short hair." Well, daddy finally gave in, so we went last Friday. It is really cute and looks so much healthier, but it made her look 2 years older.














From this............................................................. To this.......










Isabelle and her "short-haired" cousins (minus Jordan, I think she was chasing Camon around)





Some cute things that she has said lately:



First, understand that I am hauling 3 children (2 who are in car seats) around in a Toyota Camry. So, there is no "personal space" for them in the backseat. Therefore there has been a tremendous increase in the arguments that take place between the two older children. Well, the other day, Ashlynn was minding her own business riding quietly in the car, with her eyes in the position of her big sister. Well, this must have irritated Isabelle, because she said (in a very disgusted tone), "Momma, Ashlynn won't stop staring at me." Boy do I have a lot to look forward to...



Then, also on one of our adventures in the car, Ashlynn was quietly sleeping. I just happened to look in the rearview mirror and saw Isabelle messing with Ashlynn. So, I asked her to stop. Well, about 5 minutes later Ashlynn wakes up with this horrible sounding cry. I looked back there and Isabelle had a guilty look on her face. So, I started getting on to her and trying to make her understand that if Ashlynn is asleep LEAVE HER ALONE and let us have some peace. I told her that it was her fault that she woke up. To which she replied, "Well, she was fakin' it anyway."



As I have said before, Isabelle has quite a sweet-tooth. She is addicted to sugar. That is why we have spent thousands on teeth that will fall out eventually, anyway. So, last week we were in the car and she had found a piece of candy in her car seat. Before I knew it, she had opened it and put it in her mouth. I lectured her about asking before she eats candy and AGAIN about what it is doing to her teeth. Well, that does not phase her. She finished the candy and then said, "Mom, can I have some gum to wash this candy taste out of my mouth."



Kids are so cute!!!

No comments: