Monday, March 3, 2008

Isabelle's Slumber party !

Saturday morning, Isabelle's friend Sydney called (actually her mom did) and asked if she could come play for the day. The play date turned into "Can she just spend the night?" Now, this is the same place that she stayed several months ago and kept them up wanting her momma. Finally at 6 am they called me to come get her. So, I was very doubtful that this would be a success. And was also a little puzzled that the mother would want to try it again, but whatever. Anyway she made it through it. As a matter of fact she had a lot of fun. They rode bikes (and she had a little wreck), jumped on the trampoline, played on the swing set, painted pictures, and then went to sleep and slept until 4:30 AM?!?!?!?! She was not crying for me however, they just woke up and wanted to play. Boy am I glad they were at her house and not mine. Anyway, so when I got there to pick her up for church, she had gotten into the makeup and had lipstick all over her face and bright blue eyeshadow ABOVE her eyebrows (not on her eyelids where it belongs). And of course we had about 5 minutes to get her ready for Sunday school. Needless to say, she was not in the best mood (she had been up since 4:30 - I would not be in the best mood either) and did not want me to wash the makeup off of her face or brush the tangles out of her hair. So, I started thinking," Well this is the child who went to childrens church in her slip, so who cares." So, I did what I could and left the rest to explain that she had spent the night away.

No comments: