Monday, March 10, 2008

Snow Day!!!!
























Last Friday, we had a snow storm. Now, to many people this was just a "little snow". But considering that I may have seen this much snow in this area two other times in my whole life, it was a storm. The kids were so excited. We got out of school early, bundled up in our winter gear and headed out in it. At first it was just exciting to touch it, catch it on our tongues, and throw it at each other. Then it turned to building snowmen, eating the snow, collecting enough to make ice cream, making snow angels, and yes riding the sled behind the 4-wheeler. We had a blast. I tried to explain to the kids what a rare occurance this was, but I do not think they were convinced. I think they expect that to happen every year from now on! Boy would that be nice. Luckily we did not lose electricity, like some of my friends a little farther north, so we could come in and warm up every once in a while. Of course, it was in the high 60's the next day (even though there was enough snow in the morning to sled some more). But, that was one day of pure fun that I will never forget!















After all of that fun, Isabelle crashed standing up!!










No comments: