Monday, March 3, 2008

Camon's Decision !!

Well, Camon has continued to ask lots of questions about salvation and every Invitation that we sit through he begs to go down. So, last night Clint took him to talk to the Pastor. Clint said that he knew the answer to every question that was asked of him and he really understood that he wanted to be saved. However, we (and the Pastor) felt that he is so close but maybe not quite there. I mean he is so young. However, as the Pastor said and we agree no one knows his heart but him and God. And Camon truly believes that he got saved, so who are we to question it? When we left he kept telling Isabelle about asking Jesus in his heart and he said he could not wait to go to school and tell his teacher and friends. Everytime he talked about it, he could not wipe the smile off of his face and he went to sleep giggling and saying "I am so excited." I went to bed ashamed for being concerned about his age and even more ashamed that I am not as excited about my salvation as he is. I now am beginning to believe that it was as genuine as mine was all those years ago. Then Clint took him to school this morning and he said he was still talking about it. He does this thing where he daydreams and shakes his body. It drives us crazy but he says that he can not stop it when he is thinking about things. This morning, he told Clint that he was going to stop shaking because he had Jesus in his heart. And Isabelle spoke up and said, "Yea and don't get any sticks either." That is the way that the teacher warns them if they are not following the rules. Leave it up to Miss Priss to try to set him straight. Clint said then Camon said, " Yea. I think I will act better now because I asked Jesus in my heart." Clint's response to me was, " I guess we shall see." So, I am very excited. I have prayed for this event since before he was born. There is nothing that thrills my soul more than this. And who am I to say that it is too early?????? I know that he will continue to be raised in church and will constantly be learning more and more and only he will know in the years to come if this was the moment that he became a new creature!!!!! Continue praying for him! Jesus Saves!!!

No comments: