Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Weekly quotes...

Someone asked me the other day, how do you think of things to write on your blog every week? I simply laughed (because she does not have any kids) and said my two children are all of the material that I need!!! Here are the latest things that I have heard from them...

Camon and Isabelle were in the backseat carrying on a conversation. He spoke up and said, "I have decided what I want to be when I grow up. A trash man." Now I have heard that little boys like trash men, but I never thought that my child would be one of them, especially since I live so far out in the country that we do not even have a trash man. Oh well! So, I spoke up and said, "Why?" He said, "Because they help clean up the place." Now, either my child was saying that I am a slob and need "the place" cleaned up or he has some of his daddy's OCD????? Then he asked Isabelle what she wanted to be. She quickly responded, "A Princess." There was no explanation needed for that one, she is the Princess.

We were in a restaurant eating last week and as we were leaving the kids and I went to refill our drinks. As we were standing there a very nice lady started talking to us. She told me how beautiful the kids were, asked them their ages, and what they wanted from Santa. About that time, Camon asked her, "Why do you have gold teeth?" I wanted to die! That reminds me of the time that my mom, grandmother, myself, and Camon were out eating when he was about 2 1/2. The waiter came to the table with earrings in his ears. Camon asked, "Why are you wearing earrings?" He said, "I just like them." So, Camon said, "Only GIRLS wear earrings." My mom and I wanted to crawl under the table, or at least switch tables so that he did not spit in our food.

We were driving home one night and Clint said, "I smell a fire." From the backseat,a sweet little 3 year olds voice said, "Actually, you smell smoke." Is she smart or what? She must get that from her momma.

Yesterday, Camon had a secret Santa store at his school. We sent money with him and he got to choose gifts for his grandparents, Isabelle, Clint and I. He came home and was so excited. He went into his room and one at a time brought what he had chosen to me and I helped him wrap them. I wish that I could have captured the look on his face each time he showed me a gift. He was so proud of his choices. He actually did a good job of choosing things. He kept telling me that I could not see what he got me. Then when everything was wrapped (except mine that his Daddy was going to help him wrap) he came in the room and said, "Momma, is your umbrella old?" I told him that I did not have one because the last bad storm that we had it got torn up and so I threw it in the trash. He said, "Then I think you are really going to like your Christmas present." HMM? I wonder what it is.

No comments: