Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Trimming the Tree !

We decorated our tree this past weekend. I am usually the type of person who puts the tree up the Friday after Thanksgiving, but it was rainy that whole day and so we did it last weekend. The kids had fun (for about 10 minutes). Isabelle picked up every ornament and said, "Oh! I remember this one. I made it, did I momma?" The child has only been alive 3 and a half years, but she thinks that she made EVERY ornament. However, I have 6 picture frame ornaments. ONE with her in it and the other 5 with Camon. You know how it is with that 2nd child. I swore that I would not do that, but it looks as though I have. Anyway, she found the first one and said, "Is this me or Camon?" I told her Camon. Same thing with the second and third one. By the time she found the fourth one, "She said is this Camon AGAIN?" I felt so bad. Clint did not help matters any. He kept telling her that she was neglected, etc.
Isabelle and Camon hanging ornaments (doesn't her hair look great?!?)<







Of course, she put all of the ornaments at the bottom and I had to secretly rearrange them after she was in bed. Camon did good this year. He was so proud that he could reach up high so he put most of his up in a good spot. Charlie Browns Christmas was on while we were decorating, so more watching and less ornament hanging went on for them. But, it was fun.
The helpers on the floor watching Charlie Brown.

My tree has a "western" theme. And I hang the kids first boots on the tree, some cowboy hats, and some toy guns. I added all of that the next day and when Camon got in from school, he said, "This is SOOOOOO Cool!"
Camon being silly with the stockings.


They definitely get their love of Christmas from me, but sometimes I wish that I had their excitement. Their favorite thing to do now is to go see Christmas lights. I have to get off at the exit before our house so that we drive downtown and see the lights and of course their favorite display that is set to the radio station.

Jesus is the Reason !!!!!!

No comments: