Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Flip-Flop Queen!


For those of you who did not believe me that my 3 year old owns 30 pair of flip-flops. Well, you were right she ONLY has 24 pair. Yes, 24 pair of flip-flops for a three year old. This does not count the 2 crocs, 5 tennis shoes, 2 sandals, and 1 pair of slippers that this child has. And, that is only the shoes that still fit her. I am in this "cleaning out the clutter" mood and have started cleaning one room at a time. This weekend, it was her's. Once I had gotten rid of the shoes that no longer fit her, this list is what was left. Why you ask does a 3 year old have THAT MANY shoes? What can I say, she is a girl! We all NEED shoes, right? Actually, she is just spoiled rotten by grandmothers and aunts (I might have a little to do with it). I think that I should begin praying now for her future husband. I will apoligize now! I just hope that he does not mind supporting this problem. Anyway! The picture above is of the flip-flops that were at home on Saturday. There were 3 pair that she had with her at the lake with my parents. Now, do you see why I let her choose her shoes and then I choose a dress to match them???? My mother-in-law thinks that flip-flops are damaging to our feet, so Isabelle if you are reading this 20 years from now and having feet "issues", I am sorry. But they are just too cute!!

I am not looking forward to the cold weather when she has to wear "real" shoes. That reminds me of what happened last winter when flip-flop season ended. Isabelle wore flip-flops until I just could no longer justify her feet freezing in the cold. So, one morning, I told her that she HAD to wear tennis shoes. She had a brand new pair of Reebok shoes. She fought it a bit, but put them on. That afternoon when I got to the daycare to pick her up, she was outside playing with Camon. As they jumped off of the tricycle and came running to me, I noticed that she only had socks on. I asked her where her tennis shoes were, and she replied, "In the trash.". I then asked Camon if he saw her take them off and he said no. Unfortunatley her teacher had not paid close enough attention to her, and did not realize that my child was playing outside without shoes on. I told her to show me the trash can that she put them in, and she led me straight to her room and opened the can. YOu guessed it, the can was empty. The janitor had emptied the trash already. We found him and asked if he saw them and he said no, but of course the trash had been hauled to the dumpster. He said that he would be glad to go with us and help us dig through the dumpster to find them. NO THANKS! I just decided that cold feet or not, she could wear flip-flops. So, we will see how this winter goes. Luckily we live in an area that does not truly see "winter".

No comments: