Monday, September 24, 2007

Eight Random Thoughts about myself !!

My friend Meredith "tagged" me with the following chain. Here are the rules...

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their 8 things) and post these rules. (if you don't have a blog, e-mail me)
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they are tagged, and to read your blog.

1. There are 2 things that I hate most about being a mom/wife: grocery shopping and cooking. I hate that I even admitted that, but I would rather be fat and sassy on fast food everyday than plan and cook a meal. I do it, but only for the benefit of Clint and the kids. Do not get me wrong, I enjoy EATING a homecooked meal much more than eating out and I enjoy the family time spent while eating at the table or now and then when I get brave and let the kids help out. But, it is just the headache of deciding what to cook, buying the ingredients, and cooking it.

2. I hate to have ANYTHING touch my feet while I am sleeping. And unfortunatley, Clint has this habit of "needing" to touch my feet with his. I do not even like the covers on my feet. I sleep with the covers up to my chin, but my feet are sticking out of the end. It is not so much the feel of something on them, but I do not like for them to get warm. Sometimes when they get really warm, I go get a cold rag and sleep with it on my feet. This really drives Clint crazy.

3. I am in the 1% of Americans whose brain processes thoughts and actions using all 4 of the learning/leadership styles. I am analytical, structural, social, and conceptual. Most would think that this is a good trait to possess. But, it is not - just ask Clint. I want to think logically, but am a visionary. I want to follow guidelines, but I am sympathetic to others. I want things to be familiar, but I always want change. I want to be organized, but I know that it is a waste of time to get that way. I am cautious of new ideas, but I enjoy the unusual. I could go on, but I know I need to stop. You see... I am a confused individual.

4. I love to travel. From the beach, to the snow covered mountains. From the big city, to the camp ground. I love it all. I think that you can learn so much, while having so much fun in a place that you have never been. My favorite places that I have been are : Lake Tahoe, Cancun, New York City, Disney World, Breckenridge, and anywhere (including my backyard) in a tent.

5. I am a numbers nerd. I love MATH. There is no other subject that gives you so much satisfaction out of "figuring it out". I studied math/statistics for 6 years in college, taught math for 7 years at a college, and am now in Institutional Research (which is nothing but reporting numbers). I just love it.

6. I love to read. Some of my favorite authors are Karen Kingsbury, Lori Wick, Liz Curtis Higgs, And Francine Rivers.

7. I do not watch much television. The only things that I watch are game shows or reality shows. I love "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?", "Deal or No Deal", "1 vs. 100", and the oldies, too. My favorite reality shows are "Dancing with the Stars" and "Nashville Star".

8. My greatest pride is my husband and children. My greatest desire for my children is for them to know Christ and live in His will. Their dad is an excellent example for them to follow.

Okay, so there you have it. Eight random facts from a random person. Tag - Mandi, Rhonda, Nancy, Christina, Jonnie, Grace, Nathalie, and Emily.

No comments: