Tuesday, July 31, 2007

In Camon's own words!

Camon and I had an interesting conversation on the way to school today. He asked me how long before he could go to his new "big-boy" school. I told him in one month. He got so excited and said "So, when I wake up in the morning, it will be the day?". I said "Not one DAY, but one MONTH." I then explained that meant about 4 weeks. He said, "So, when I wake up four more times then it will be the day?" I said, "No, 4 WEEKS is 28 DAYS". To which he replied, "So, when I wake up 28 more times it will be the day?" I said "Yes". And then my clever child said, "Well, why didn't you just say that?"

Here are a few words that Camon has used lately (although incorrect, they are so cute):

I want an "aloha". (meaning mohawk - which he did not get by the way)
I love this restaurant, it has the "somburrito" on the sign (meaning sombrero)
That shark has "skills" to breathe with. (meaning gills)
Momma, turn on your windshield "whackers" (meaning wipers)
Me and Jordan are going to Hershey, "Pencil" with Deda and Mimi (Pennsylvania)

The things that come out of kids mouths. They are so cute, I wish that they could stay at this age forever. (27 days in the kindergarten count down)

No comments: