Friday, January 30, 2009

Walt Disney World January 2009

Now maybe you see while it has been so long since I have posted anything. We had Christmas (which I still need to post about), at trip to New York, and a trip to Orlando all in less than a month's time. And still have not slowed down.

The 2nd week in January, we went with Clint's family to Disney World. It was lots of fun. I think that is definitely one of the coolest places on earth (I just think I will leave Grumpy home next time - I will let you figure out who that was). The kids had a blast and Ashlynn was the best one of all. She rode in her stroller, or in my backpack carrier the whole time and never fussed a bit. I was so glad that she did so great (so, that eliminates her from being "Grumpy"). Isabelle loved seeing the Princesses and was not afraid to ride anything. Unfortunately she was not tall enough to ride some of the rides. But, she was a good sport about it and did not get upset when we told her she couldn't ride. Believe it or not, her favorite ride was the Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios. It is a ride that takes you up in a simulated "elevator", shows you "Twilight Zone" type scenes, talks about being in a haunted hotel, and then drops you rather fast, straight down (not once, but too many times for me to count). Go figure that would be her favorite. (that eliminates her from being "Grumpy") Camon's favorite ride was the Aero Smith Rocking Roller Coaster. It is an indoor roller coaster that loops and twists you upside down, while traveling VERY fast. He rode it 4 times. One of the cutest things that was said on the trip was the morning that we were headed to Epcot. The girls were going to have lunch with the "Princesses" that day and Clint asked Camon one more time (because he had been adament before about not going) if he wanted to go with us and see the Princesses. To which he replied, "I have three princesses at home, why would I want to see THOSE Princesses." (Me, Isabelle, and Ashlynn for those of you who are slow). It was so sweet. (so, he was not "Grumpy) It was sort of sad for me to realize that their favorite rides were the "adult" rides. It just reinforced my belief that they are growing up way too fast. The got to go to the Hat Shop and make their very own "Ear Hats". They chose the hat, ears, patches and all. It was really neat. I can not wait to go back when Ashlynn can truly enjoy it, too.

Click here to go to our vacation photo album:
http://picasaweb.google.com/sphillips711/Disney2009?authkey=yAuH7zFt1UY&feat=directlink

P.S. If you still have not figured out about "Grumpy", let's just say that I wanted to buy the shirt that I saw with the dwarf on it saying, "I'm with Grumpy."

No comments: