Friday, January 30, 2009

New York City New Years 2009

Clint and I recently celebrated our 10th Anniversary. I FINALLY convinced him to take me to New York City. We were there December 27 to January 2. It was so much fun (for me anyway)! We crammed as much as possible into our trip, including going to see the famous "ball drop" on New Years Eve. We were staying right in Times Square and it was so neat. Cold, but neat. The night we stood to wait for the countdown, it was -2 degrees (with the wind chill). But, I would do it again. We visited all of the famous sites, and saw the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular. I think my favorite thing (besides New Years Eve) was the Empire State Building. It was so neat up there (bone chilling cold, but neat). The food was a common complaint, but we did manage to find our ALL TIME favorite Mexican restaurant while we were there, Sombreros. Mexican here just isn't the same anymore. We tried to avoid Mexican because we thought "Mexican, in New York City???" But New Years Eve when we had walked in the snow and freezing temps for several hours until we could not take it anymore, we saw this little restraunt and said, "Why not!" It was wonderful. I would also recommend Junior's (especially for cheesecake) and Tony's (Italian). Other than that, we did not have a great food experience. But, the sights were awesome. I Love New York! However, after going there twice (both times in December), I think next time I will shoot for fall or spring. The wind is just too much for this Southern girl!

Click here to browse some of the pictures from the trip.
http://picasaweb.google.com/sphillips711/NewYorkDecember2008?authkey=JWfFuOjgqKg&feat=directlink

No comments: