Friday, May 2, 2008

What will I be when I grow up???

Here was the conversation that I had with Camon and Isabelle yesterday. Let me preface it by telling those of you who do not know, that my 24 year old brother is a Fireman and still lives at home with mom and dad. And let me also add that all 4 of his nieces and especially his nephew (Camon) think he is the coolest uncle.

So, Here goes...

Isabelle asked me what her baby sister was going to be when she grows up. I told her that she could be whatever she wanted to be. She would get to choose. So, then I asked each of them that question... "What do you want to be when you grow up?"

Isabelle responded. " I think I will choose to be a momma." How sweet I thought, I hope that you get to be just that!!

Now, Camon's response... "I want to be a fireman because they can walk through fire and not get burned. You know, like Uncle Justin. Then I can just live with you and daddy forever." I had to laugh. Of course I made sure that Justin learned of his nephews admiration for his life choices. To which Justin responded, "He is only six and he has life all figured out." I can not decide if I hope he gets to be just that, or not. Of course a mother never wants her children to leave home, but forever is such a long time....

Then to top is off, Isabelle said "Momma, What do you want to be when you grow up?" I said, "A mommy to three great children." To which she replied, "You are already a mommy, you have to choose something else."

No comments: