Thursday, June 28, 2007

My First Blog !

I now have my very own blog, to post hours of bragging about my wonderful children (and husband, of course). I suppose that I should just tell you a little about what is going on in our lives right now! You probably will not find the small details of our life too interesting, but the point of this is not to entertain everyone who reads it, rather to help us remember these tiny events in our life. I want to remember what it felt like to have Camon tell me "Mommy your beautiful" or Isabelle insist on wearing one particular pair of flip-flops and of course nothing but a "princess dress". (I have given up on ironing one without requesting her permission first.)



I want to document every thing in our lives that may seem insignificant to others. Like yesterday, when I was sick (I will spare you the details of that whole event). But, Camon and Isabelle heard me in the bathroom and came running to my side. Camon said, "I can't watch this" and ran from the room... Mother Isabelle on the other hand stayed right there until all was clear. When she left, I overheard their conversation from the living room... it went something like this... Isabelle: "Bubba, why are you crying?"... Camon: " I do not like it when Momma is sick."... Isabelle: " It will be okay, she will get better. Let's ask God to help her get better.".... Camon: " Okay. Dear God, Thank you for my momma and daddy and help momma to feel better. Please let her have all of the super powers in the world. Amen." At that moment, though my world was spinning, I realized that my 5 and 3 year old had all the love and wisdom that they needed. They knew that someone they loved was hurting and that the one and only God was the person that they needed to talk to. My how I wish that I had the faith and love that my precious children possess. It is times like that, I am reminded of what a special gift God has given me and how grateful I should be to Him for His grace and goodness. With Him, I do have super powers, if only in the eyes of my children.



So, there you have it. A moment that I never want to forget (well, most of that moment). So, while I may not always have something "important" to say, I will always find a way to document something in the lives of the children that before I know it will be adults, themselves.

No comments: