Friday, July 11, 2008

Days of change...

Well, today is the last day that Isabelle (and Camon) will be attending their daycare/preschool. It is sort of a sad day for me. This is the only place that Isabelle has ever stayed and she has been there since she was 3 months old. But, I have found a great home for she and Ashlynn to stay in once school starts for Camon next year. Right now, the daycare is about 30 minutes out of the way, but this is right next to Camon's school. The lady is the mother of a little girl in Camon's class and as we found out last week, a distant relative of mine (by marriage). Anyway, I am really excited about the convenience and the fact that Isabelle and Ashlynn will be together each day. So, with the baby due soon, we decided to go ahead and take them out of the program they are in and let them stay with grandparents until the baby gets here and they can all be home with me. For Camon it does not make much difference because he has been away from there a whole year, but for Isabelle it is sort of sad. She has a lot of friends there, especially Sydney (which I have not broken the news to her momma, yet?!?!?!?). When I first asked her about changing "school" she was excited, but a couple of days later she came to me and said, "Momma, I think that I want to go back to my school next year." I asked her why and she said, "Because I will miss Sydney." I knew that she would eventually think about it. They have been close since they were crawling. But, we will just have to keep in touch. She changed her mind when I explained that she could be with Ashlynn all day at this new place. So, anyway this is the last day in a long relations hip with THE BEST DAYCARE that I know of. We will definitely miss it!!!

Some cute things that Camon said this past week:

He told Isabelle that she needed to play with him all she could before the new baby got here, because then he would be too busy taking care of her. I think he is finally coming around about this little sister thing.

But cutest of all... Many of you know that Camon is very shy and that he thinks girls are still gross. Well, on the 4th of July we went out on my parents boat to watch the downtown fireworks from the lake. Pawpaw was with us and had brought up alligators. So, all of the kids were paranoid the whole time we were out there. Anyway, after the fireworks, we started heading into the boat launch. It was very dark and you could see other boat lights but not see anyone on the boats. As we passed this one boat (that sounded like it was full of teenage girls) a girl screamed out, somewhat in a laughing tone. Camon's eyes got big and he said, "Why was she screaming." I am sure he was still thinking about the alligators. His aunt Grace said, "She is just laughing and having a good time, it is nothing." So he walked over to me and whispered, "Momma, I know why she was screaming. It is because she saw me. Girls do that when they see me." It was so cute, and not expected from him. I think he might have too much of his daddy in him after all.

No comments: